Sunday, January 18, 2009

Who says England doesn't have good eats?

First, sorry no pictures of the car.  Tomorrow, I promise.

This afternoon Keltie and I had lunch with one of the British Officers I work with and his girlfriend.  We ate at a wonderful pub called the 7 Stars in Bottlesford.  Keltie had a very good mackerel pate, and a manchego and mushroom tart.  I had the butternut squash soup and the pork belly roast.  We then drove to Marlborough and walked around the historic downtown.   Afterwards, we spent the rest of the afternoon driving on the back country roads.

Sorry there is no picture.  I will get one next time.  The 7 Stars is really the picturesque country pub.  Low ceilings on the inside, and all green fields with a small country road leading to it.

Couldn't resist, the weather was wonderful, and the sun was out all day!

No comments: